This was the look if you weren’t into punk, hard rock, heavy metal or surfing. Many businessmen and “preppy” guys wore this type of haircut as well.
I don’t believe I’ve seen this hair style on anyone else but Loni Anderson. Guess she made this unpopular hairdo popular for one person … herself! Here are some photos of the lovely Loni Anderson showing off her helmet-haired bangs.
First the leggings, then the high waists and now even shoulder pads and neon accessories are making a splash on the catwalks and the bodies of the style-savvy.
Fashshot studios went to check out some of the eighties trends being rocked on the streets of London while looking at what eighties inspired gems the high street had to offer.
So go backcomb that hair and embrace your inner eighties child.
Courtesy of: The Online Fashion Agency & The FashshotStudio
|Whether you were born before, during or after the 1980’s, everyone [whether they know it or not] has been touched by our favorite decade. I guess this is why 80’s costumes are always still in vogue around Halloween time.
From eighties hair band costumes to Madonna or even a simple mullet wig can transform you back to 1982. With a decade of decadence get-up, pretty much everyone you’ll meet along the way on your trick-or-treating excursion or Halloween party will appreciate your costume. So let’s dive in to what is available for you to “get your 80’s on” this Halloween!
Other 80’s Costume Ideas & Accessories
You might have heard of one of Broadway’s most spectacular musicals (especially us 80’s fans!) called Rock of Ages. In addition to playing on Broadway (starting in 2009), Rock of Ages is also showing in Chicago (starting Sept. 2010), Toronto and Melbourne (Melbourne in 2011).
For those who don’t know about this totally tubular musical; Rock Of Ages is a Tony nominated smash hit musical comedy starring American Idol’s Constantine Maroulis and Amy Spanger. In 1987 on the Sunset Strip, a small-town girl met a big-city dreamer – and in L.A.’s most legendary rock club, they fell in love to the greatest songs of the ’80s. It’s a hilarious feel-good love story told through the hit songs (including several medleys / live mash-ups) of iconic rockers Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Pat Benatar, Whitesnake, and many more.
Rock Of Ages Tony Award Nominations:
- Best Musical
- Best Actor in a Musical: Constantine Maroulis
- Best Direction of a Musical: Kristin Hanggi
- Best Costume Design: Gregory Gale
- Best Sound Design: Peter Hylenski
1. Just Like Paradise / Nothin’ But A Good Time (Rock Of Ages Full Company)
2. Sister Christian (James Carpinello, Michele Mais, Constantine Maroulis, Amy Spanger & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
3. We Built This City / Too Much Time On My Hands (Paul Schoeffler, Lauren Molina, Wesley Taylor, Andre Ward, Adam Dannheisser, Mitchell Jarvis, Constantine Maroulis, James Carpinello & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
4. I Wanna Rock (Constantine Maroulis, Amy Spanger & Ensemble)
5. We’re Not Gonna Take It (Lauren Molina, Jeremy Wood, Savannah Wise & Ensemble)
6. Heaven / More Than Words / To Be With You (Amy Spanger, Constantine Maroulis, Savannah Wise & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
7. Waiting For A Girl Like You (Constantine Maroulis, Amy Spanger, James Carpinello & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
8. Wanted Dead Or Alive (James Carpinello, Amy Spanger & Ensemble)
9. I Want To Know What Love Is James Carpinello, Amy Spanger, Constantine Maroulis & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
10. Cum On Feel The Noize / We’re Not Gonna Take It – Reprise (James Carpinello, Constantine Maroulis, Adam Dannheiser, Amy Spanger, Mitchell Jarvis, Lauren Molina, Andre Ward & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
11. Harden My Heart / Shadows Of The Night (Amy Spanger, Michael Mais, Mitchell Jarvis & Ensemble)
12. Here I Go Again (Rock Of Ages Full Company)
13. The Final Countdown (Paul Schoeffler, Wesley Taylor, Adam Dannheisser, Mitchell Jarvis, Lauren Molina & Ensemble)
14. Any Way You Want It / I Wanna Rock – Reprise (Michele Mais, Constantine Maroulis, Amy Spanger, Andre Ward, Mitchell Jarvis, Adam Dannheisser & Ensemble)
15. High Enough (Constantine Maroulis, Amy Spanger & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
16. I Hate Myself For Loving You / Heat Of The Moment (Amy Spanger, James Carpinello, Constantine Maroulis & Ensemble)
17. Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Wesley Taylor, Lauren Molina, Paul Schoeffler & Ensemble)
18. Can’t Fight This Feeling (Adam Dannheisser, Mitchell Jarvis & Ensemble)
19. Every Rose Has Its Thorn (Michele Mais, Amy Spanger, Constantine Maroulis, Wesley Taylor, Paul Schoeffler, James Carpinello & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
20. Oh Sherrie (Constantine Maroulis, Amy Spanger & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
21. The Search Is Over (Constantine Maroulis, Amy Spanger & The Rock Of Ages Cast)
22. Don’t Stop Believin’ (Rock Of Ages Full Company)
Here are a few examples of crimped hair that was made popular back in the 80’s.
Crimped hair supplies from Amazon.com:
Here is Mike Reno with his band Loverboy sporting a red bandana back in the 80’s.
And here is Pat Benatar circa 1980.
Find bandannas at Amazon.com:
Temporary hair dye was all the rage back in the 80’s. Pink, purple, blue, red. Just about every color you can think of was available. Here is an example of what temporary hair dye looked like in the ’80s.
Here are some temporary hair dye products available at Amazon.com:
Here is a photo of an 80’s mesh hair tie on a 1980’s looking model. This style mesh tie was made very popular by music artist and actress Madonna.
Elle magazine, leader in fashion and style, has compiled a tribute to the 1980s in a fun, informative and colorful book that will set one musing on what was en vogue in days past and influencing fashion a la mode.
Creations of major designers Azzedine Alaia, Jean Paul Gaultier, Karl Lagerfeld, Yves Saint Laurent, Issey Miyake and Thierry Mugler are featured, revisiting trends brought to life by the greatest fashion leaders of our time. Photos from the legendary fashion photographers of the decade, Gilles Bensimon, Pamela Hanson, Jean-Baptiste Mondino and Oliviero Toscani, among others, bring the decade to life.
Elle Style: The 1980s further traces the history of that memorable decade by highlighting noteworthy cultural events, popular music and overall fads. See for yourself how fashion and pop culture are influenced now by the 80s, and how “old” is continually re-creating itself.
“Elle Style: The 1980’s” documents the decade that produced the most fanciful fashions of the 20th century—leg warmers and all. — The Associated Press
If you danced to Boy George and Frankie Goes to Hollywood, you’ll enjoy this book celebrating fashion of the 80’s. — Dallas News
Where to find a copy: Amazon.com