It’s getting close to that time of year again! Time to think about what you (or your kids) are going to be for Halloween or that 80’s party you just invited to. There’s no need to panic — i80s has you hooked up with lots of 80’s costume ideas to choose from!
Some of the eighties styles are actually back again so you can find lots of day glow or fluorescent colored clothes, checkered clothes and shoes, and punk-ish type attire (without being too punk-ish of course) at your local shopping mall. This way you can accessorize your (or your child’s) 80’s costume quite easily.
80’s Costume Ideas
- Mario Brothers / Super Mario Brothers (kids) (adults)
- Rubik’s Cube (men’s) (women’s)
- Olivia Newton John – Let’s Get Physical costume
- Madonna (Like A Virgin costume)
- Valley Girl
- 80’s Diva
- The Preppy look – Collar up, pastels, sweaters wrapped around shoulders, penny loafers, etc.
- Pretty In Pink
- 80’s Rocker / Hairband
- Mullet / Redneck / Billy Ray Cyrus Wig
- Cute 80’s Pop Party costume
- Joan Jett
- Toni Basil (Although some folks might just think you’re a cheerleader)
- Punky Brewster
- M.C. Hammer / 80’s Rapper type costumes
- Karate Kid costume
- Michael Jackson
- Cyndi Lauper
- Twisted Sister (Dee Snyder)
- Break dancer – Parachute pants, tight shirt, sneakers and carry a boombox!
- Mr. T
- 80’s Groupie
- Wham! costume (can also be used for just a normal 80’s dude or chick) – White pants, a CHOOSE LIFE or similar large lettered shirt (men’s)(woman’s), white sneakers, and do your hair up in an eighties kind of way (women – teased, sprayed, blown) (men – also blow-dried and/or gelled).
- Miami Vice
For more 80’s Fashion ideas, check out our 80’s Fads & Fashion page or our 80’s Costumes Gallery in our Forums. If you have some ideas of your own that you would like to share, please post them here or send us an email!